Thursday, February 16, 2012

New thinking and re-arranging some things.

Last weekend I decided that the new track plan for this garden railroad will be a hexagonal shape with spurs leading off  the main line.  I also decided today that the deck originally by the fence should be moved to the open area in front of the railroad.  this is one thing that I did today, and everything seems to be looking better.  One other thing is that I thought of a neat way to lay track.  Here is what I propose:

  • Each joint has a pair of rail clamps to keep the electrical current steady and unbroken.
  • Each joint is also connected to a main bus wire system, which will allow for plenty of electricity throughout the railroad.
  • Each joint is secured to a piece of 2X4 with screws allowing for support to the track, allows a place to secure the wire joints, and provides a place where I can level each piece of track so that the railroad is sitting with a smooth, level, roadbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment