Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rail clamp shipment

Well my first purchase specifically for the railway has been ordered.  It is a shipment of 10 rail clamps that I will test and review.  These rail clamps are Aritso Craft clamps.  Aritso craft track as I have seen, does fine for a few years, but they seem to not have the most durable reputation.  I figure though that the 10 dollar purchase is worth it to find out if they work O.K.  If they don't work as expected, I'll buy 50 Split Jaw clamps which from reviews sound very good.  If that is the case, I'll simply find a use for the Aritso Craft clamps on track that doesn't need the most reliable track connection, such as the last few feet of the unloading spur, where a locomotive doesn't venture too far in anyway.

At any rate, there is nothing that I can do until the clamps get here.  For those who didn't know, I plan to attach track together with 2X4 scrap pieces.  Screwing track together on that is better than relying on the clamps so I figure that as long as the clamp is able to transfer electricity (it's second purpose from holding the track together) the chap clamps would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment