Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rail Clamps after a few days

The Aristo Craft rail clamps I bought have been sitting, attached to a few sample pieces of track for a few days now (since Thursday).  For the most part, these clamps have held, however, I found on a couple o the joints that clamps had loosened up a bit.  I simply got a screw driver out to fix the problem and I tightened them a lot.  At this point, I have a few suggestions for these clamps that I didn't think of:


  • When ready to operate trains, the clamps should be checked and tightened where necessary.
  • The track should have as few joints as possible and flex track should have extra long pieces of 2X4 under them with at least three ties from each piece of track under each piece of wood (block should be about 8" long).
  • sectional track that is curved, especially tight curves, should have at least two screws in each end of the track pieces for reinforcement.
  • Switches should have all joints clamped to keep everything in line, passing sidings should be constructed so that the two parallel tracks are connected with a piece of 2x4.

No comments:

Post a Comment