Sunday, November 4, 2012

Updates, Photos, and Cold Weather!

So has it been that long since the last post?  Apparently I need to post more often.  Even though I haven't been posting on this blog too much, I have still been running trains, and setting buildings for the last couple of months.  So I'll go through the updates for the last two months.

September:

Okay, this month didn't see much action.  However, I did end up cleaning away the weeds, draining the pond to half full, and fixing the bridge for winter.

October:  This month saw a couple of days of operation including one in the snow!  So here is the photos from that day:





November:

Today I have completed the basic station platform for passenger trains.  I also have secured all of the buildings in their final positions as demonstrated in the photos below:

 BEFORE...

 DURING...



 AFTER...


Changes include adding a platform to the station area, actually two, and putting wooden stakes on top of the brick to make it level.  I used my longest, widest car to test the clearances and they all check out just fine.  There is a pale green bird feeder that I plan to convert to a yard/ railroad office over the winter.  I also plan to move the lumber loading area to the runaround rather than have it at the end in the yard.  The yard will now be used for storage of cars not being used.

I have also added a 3 ft section of track near the runaround which is seen in the photos for storing extra cars and the spare locomotive if I am only running one engine at a time.

With winter coming on pretty soon, the railroad will be pretty dormant, however trains will still run on a good winter day with some snow.  I really don't know when that will be so keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment